Calling all electronics experts....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

adblair

Fisher
Dec 5, 2003
Memphis, TN
Visit site
I just bought a used tv (cheap, at an auction). According to the back it was made in 1989. I tried to search for information on it or find a manual of some kind, but can't find anything.
My biggest question is this..... It appears to be a "console" type tv with a built in CD player and radio. It's a Sony. It says TV/Audio/VTR Trinitron on the remote and something similar on the unit (it's in the garage, it's almost midnight, I'm not going out there). What in the world is a VTR? In case it helps, the model number says KV-27AVR.
ANY information would be helpful and appreciated!

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
video tape recorder

adblair

Fisher
Dec 5, 2003
Memphis, TN
Visit site
thanks Ayrianth - I found the service manual, but not an owner's manual. The site says they can attempt to loacte anything that isn't listed on there though, so I may have to go that route.

If it is a video tape recorder, where does the tape go? There are no slots to insert anything. How do I use it? :huh:

chunksofpoooo

sloth loves chunk
Sep 16, 2004
Los Angeles, California
you can find that answer by remembering how you got it: cheap at an auction. If it does mean video tape recorder my guess is that, at one time, it came with one. its probably missing it

adblair

Fisher
Dec 5, 2003
Memphis, TN
Visit site
hmmmm...... it doesn't look like there is anything missing, but that would explain why I can't figure the thing out. :( If I can ever track down an owner's manual, that would help answer a lot of things. In the meantime, the tv, radio, and cd work and I HAVE figured out how to use THEM, so I guess I will just be thankful for what I have. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store