Help&suggestions for modification of pond

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Auren

AC Members
May 30, 2004
Mexico City
Visit site
I would appreciate any help&suggestions on the following:

1. I am doing some modifications to my 300+ gallon concrete round shape pond (mix between fountain&pond) because when it rains the mud finds its way into the pond and clouds the water, clogging the filter and making it harder to have cristal clear water. So I am building a 15cm small barrier around it to prevent most of the mud from clouding the water.
Pond Specs: 340 gallon community outdoor concrete fountain&pond, PH 7.5, Ammonia 0mg, Nitrites 0.25mg, water temp: 24-25.C (2000 watts of submersible heaters), Tap water temp: 13.C, tap water PH: 8.0, and very hard. Outside temp: (14.c-22.c). Pond is very flat with caves, artificial plants (planning on adding realones later) and lots of hiding places. Fish: medium/small Arowana, Kois, Gourami (colisia laila), large goldfish, dojos, parrot hybrid/cichlid, silver dollars, 2 plecos (sailfin p.), 1 apple snail and one angel fish. (all are well for more than one year this way)

2. I am also planning on adding some blue or green mosaic in the bottom and edges of my pond, so the water looks clearer. Yet I dont know if mosaic contanins harmful chemicals for my fish, or if it alters PH or has some negative effect on my fishes health. If not I think its a great material

3. To transfer my fish during the process I bought two small circular 265 gallon small kids swimming pools, with vynil on the bottom. I will use my water vacum&pump to transfer the water to those pools to keep the eco - balance and temps. I will transfer my fish gradually in one or two days. The pools will use filtrarion and heaters of my pond.

4. Equimpent includes a large wet/dry filter with 1hp submersible pump to direct water to the filter, where I use floor scrubbs and lava rock to filter, then another 1hp pump drives the water upwards for a waterfall and some directly to the pond. But to save electricity costs I use a hagen 404 canister filter with bio material connected to a 900gal per hour pump. Also a 40watt UV

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store