Yellow Mimic Tang?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Stephen

There's always a bigger fish...
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
Although this was linked as "Yellow Mimic Tang" when I clicked it, it came up as "Chocolate Tang - Mimic Tang" Take a look and see if that's what you have. It provides a some information about them. Can't vouch for how reliable it is however since it's my first visit to the site.

Chocolate Tang - Mimic Tang

print 6196

AC Members
Sep 16, 2004
I've had one for about 2 months. Very nice looking fish, nicer than regularyellow tang. But after I bought him, I found out they loose thier color as they grow. Turn orange brown. Hopefully it's not a reverse ugly duckling.
But he seems hardy, eats frozen food.

rica5tully

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Lake Mills, WI
Visit site
Print,

Do you have any idea how long old they are when they start to change to brown? Just curious. Actually, I think the adults look great! They aren't solid, drab brown, they have some patterning.

Question: I've had mine 24 hours now and as far as I know he isn't really eating yet. What do you feed yours? So far I've tried dried algae sheets (on a clip), frozen brine shrimp, and spirulina flakes. Although I realize he may just be a little stressed right now.

Is yours aggressive or does he play nice with other fish?

Thanks!

print 6196

AC Members
Sep 16, 2004
Mine didn't eat the flakes I was giving everybody and did not eat sea weed sheets on clip, but ate frozen cubes. Im at work, don't know exactly what they are, I think just a mix. I use them for everybody now.

rica5tully

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Lake Mills, WI
Visit site
Print,

Could you tell me the brand and type of frozen cubes he eats?

Since I saw your note, I've tried 3 types of frozen cubs (seaweed, brine shrimp, and one mix) and he barely samples the mix.

In the meantime, he's getting skinnier...

Mine won't eat algae on a clip or flakes either.

I'm wondering if he's going to be too tough to feed.

Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store