Pics of New Discus....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Here's a few pictures of 8 Discus I got recently......
Click the site....
More pics here..

Last edited:

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Nice picture. I guess if you like Discus, the all the better. However, I myself, find them to insect looking. They are also always so afraid of anything that you cant really put them in with any other fish. Anyways, I hope you enjoy them for many more years (unless they see their shadow and die of fright :) )

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by JamisonBWolsh
Nice picture. They are also always so afraid of anything that you cant really put them in with any other fish. Anyways, I hope you enjoy them for many more years (unless they see their shadow and die of fright :) )
Thanks! However, these Discus are not near as shy as Even I thought they might be. Only introducing them to the tank, the first day, they acted shy and hid behind the Cypress wood. And when I had to move the front light, they hid for just a few minutes. This bunch is very active.... Picture proof.... :)

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Yea...but add a group of 3 small tinfoils and see waht happens to the discuss....

I have nothing against them, I generally dont like them. BUT yours look Good :)

Do you have any other fish with them? Im wondering perhaps you can add some petricola catfish....

Last edited:

Shiftaltumlock

No mater where ya go, there ya are
Sep 4, 2001
Hurst, TX
shiftaltnumlock.cm.nu
Hey Joe, This is wonderful. Your Discus are looking great. I would love to try a Discus tank. Maybe on my next tank I will try it. alot of the plants I have in my 75 show will not tolerate the high temps that Discus want. That is the only thing that is stopping me.

Again, brilliant job......

BTW: How much did the fish cost? That is probably another thing that is stopping me. Juvies cost around $25 and up in my neck of the woods. Might as well go SW :rolleyes:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Thanks all!

Jamison, the tank is most likley at it's 'max bioload.' I do have neons, rasboras, 4 cory cats and a violet goby with the Discus.

Shift, "SW" - no way - not for me, ever.. The fish were from $20 to $35. Not bad considering the quality, and compared to Wattely prices. I really enjoy how they have explored the tank. They tend to school a lot, but will pair off some too. No 'runt-of-the-bunch' yet.

tamara323

~*Animal Loving Aquarius Aquarist*~
Feb 2, 2002
Canada
they are gorgeous! especially the one at the bottom of the school with bright orange in it's fins. nice choice of fish :)

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
They are looking great!! I almost bought 2 more today. (maybe tommorrow) The store I told you about here in J'ville got a new shipment in yesterday morning. He called last night and told me to come in this weekend before he puts them in the tank out in the main store for sale. I get first dibs. He got 4 wild browns and 4 heckles. Since I already have 2 wild browns, I'm really liking the heckles. I'll decide by tommorrow afternoon.:confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store