Adonis pleco care?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nobody

Registered Member
Jan 5, 2003
Visit site
I was planning on getting this mofo from the lfs, hes like 10"+, thing is i don't know much about adonis plecos any tell me what they eat., temp, etc..

wantsome8

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
detroit michigan
Visit site
hi well i d just like to say that there isn t a pleco i have nt been able to keep i have nt had a adonis but ive had lots of others just to name a few gold nuggets royals zebras leapords and lots of others the key to keeping 99% of all plecos is current lots of water movement all plecos come from rivers some are more sensative than others about water quality good filtration helps water changes every two weeks plecos also like there water slightly wamer than other fish around 80 digrees some like it even warmer like the zebra i d keep them around 85 drift wood is a big factor no pleco should be kept without quality drift wood some even eat it like the royals i use swahalla wood every pleco ive kept clings to it bog wood works well to as far as feeding most plecos are nocturnal and only come out in search of food afer lights out and theres no movement out side the tank and they wont stray far from thier hideing place i only use hikari algae waffers and i put a half a one next to where the fish is hideing just before lights out given what i ve told you you should have no problem keeping any plecos i use this system and rarely loose any fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store