I'm back...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

*TJ

AC Members
Oct 14, 2004
ON, Canada
www.backyardpuddle.ca
Not that I was ever gone, just couldn't log-in for like EVER!!!!! Reefscape, you have a pm, hope you will honor my request.

Anyways, you're probably thinking who the heck(politcally correct term but I prefer the other "H" word) is *TJ. Read my sig.... TJcanada ... been almost a year since my last post here on AC.

Nice to see you're still kickin' around here OG :D

Off to see what's up in the "carp" section :D ;)

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Oh, totally! Go for it! Does it show some of your changes?

I've been doing okay...Getting closer to a maybe move, so I'm trying to curb the fish purchases. Sigh--so sad to deny myself. :laugh:

*TJ

AC Members
Oct 14, 2004
ON, Canada
www.backyardpuddle.ca
I know about moving.... August 2003 we moved house, kids, pets, and OHHHH so many fish :p :D I hated leaving the backyard but you can't exactly pack that up to move LOL Started fresh this spring at the new house with gardens and ponds... a yard HAS to have water :D

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
How far did you move? If I knew I'd only be moving within town, I'd be okay. It looks like we'll be moving to one end of the country--west, north or east, don't really know yet. The joys of military moves, ya' know. ;)

*TJ

AC Members
Oct 14, 2004
ON, Canada
www.backyardpuddle.ca
It's about a 15-20 min car ride (doing 120km :D ) - we're in booney-ville... cows across the street sort thing. Nice though, 2.5acres all to ourselves.

I have no idea what it would be like to be told "ok, you're being transfered HERE" and have to move across the country... my mom was a navy brat so I've heard her stories. Must make for an interesting life OG.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I can't really complain--my boyfriend was stationed here for several years before we met, so this will be a first for both of us. He has been stationed here for his entire career outside of basic and tech school--very unusual for the military, but pretty common for the missile field.

And, for those thinking it now, yes, we'll be getting married before we move. I'm not packing up everything and moving 1000 miles on a promise. :)

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Welcome back TJc - Glad to see you around again!

Our current home is fringe boonies (exurban sprawl encroaching rapidly) with a long common border downhill across a family dairy farm which has been in the same family since settled in the wilderness in the 1700s. The biggie is that it is protected- would take an act of the state legislature PLUS the sign-off of all adjacent property owners to change its status. Less than two miles from the expressway entrance, can't beat that. The only downside is no pond(s).

Moves for packrats such as herself and I are have to be traumatic, but also do offer an opportunity to do things a bit better suited than they were in the past.

*TJ

AC Members
Oct 14, 2004
ON, Canada
www.backyardpuddle.ca
You know RTR, I'll follow you anywhere ;) :D Being a pack-rat myself... I can't believe how much I junked in the move... but I still have boxes I've yet to open since last year! LOL

OG a promise only takes one so far :D Congrats on the engagement and up-coming wedding!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store