Kamikaze Yo-Yo

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hootchieman

I may be crazy, but I'm not insane.
Oct 22, 2002
Victoria, B.C.
Visit site
Just had a scary experience with one of my Yo-Yo Loaches. I went to feed them the other morning - I have three Yo-Yos in one of my tanks. As soon as I opened the lid, one of them dove to the bottom of the tank, raced to the top and jumped out arcing a foot out on to the floor much to my surprise. Luckily it landed on a towel and I was able to scoop it up and get it back into the tank. So far it is doing fine, but it sure scared the heck out my cat. I guess these fish really do deserve the name Yo-Yo. :D

jiggerpolebill

i have a key to the Twinsavr
Aug 16, 2002
Indy, IN, USA
Visit site
i had a similar experience. i went to check my tank one day and came up 1 yo-yo short. i looked all around the tank for him, but he wasnt there. after tearing the tank apart, i started looking around the room on the floor for him. no luck. i finally remembered a story i read online and looked in the filter. its a Penguin bio-mini. there he was, on the backside of the filter. i checked the intake tube and there's no holes large enough for him to fit through. he had to jump upstream, swim under the bio-wheel and then jump over the filter pad to get where he was.

he tore himself up trying to get there, but made a recovery.

koolkatzfish

AC Members
Dec 7, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
Unfortunately for my yoyo, I didn't find him for too many hours so he didn't make it. I have covered all the holes on the top of my tank now.:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store