sailfin tang mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
what other kinds of tangs do you think would work with a sailfin tang? i was wondering if a sailfin,achilles,naso and blue hippo tang would go together ok. im not trying to be rude about it, but i would prefer people who have had experience with any combination of these together, or with other tangs in with one of these, to comment. im looking into buying another FOWLR tank, and im trying to get info on what tangs will live together and what one wont. i know my blue hippo and yellow tang get along great. and i know they are differant colors and body shapes. and if you have had success, what order were they introduced? was there much aggression in the beginning or did things go pretty smooth?

Secound i would like to know if anyone has had different tangs together that did not get along. if so what kind and how they were introduced. thanks for any help that you might be able to give!

CichlidRyan

Fish Guy
Oct 4, 2004
Edison NJ
That is going to have to be a huge tank to hold those bad boys.

Hippo and Naso are both docile. I currently have both in my tank right now with yellows as well without any warfare.

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
ya i know it would have to be a big tank. im not decided on exactly what tangs i would want. so im just trying to gather a little info on what tangs would work best together, from the people who actually have experience with them.

what size tank do you have yours in if you dont mind me asking?
what order were they introduced?

CichlidRyan

Fish Guy
Oct 4, 2004
Edison NJ
Currently a 125. I added the Blonde Naso first, then the Hippo was later on. Both are sweet as pie.

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
thats great, i was really hoping a naso and a hippo would work together! i like naso and sailfin tangs, but my fiancee says if they wont work with her hippo then we cant have any of them!

how big were the tangs when you first got them?

CichlidRyan

Fish Guy
Oct 4, 2004
Edison NJ
hippo was about 2 inches and the naso was maybe 3

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store