Tetra's With Tetra's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Briko03

AC Members
Sep 20, 2004
www.nldesign.port5.com
I am planning on adding to my school of tetra's once the zebra's are removed and I was wondering if different species of tetra's will school together.

For example if I got 3 bleeding heart tetra's to add to my school of 4 neons...would they all school together? Also if i got a frog would my bumblebee cat eat him???

Thanks for the help
Nate

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Tetras of a similar size will often school together. If there is a large size difference, or a large difference in behavior (ie, rapid, constant swimming versus hanging in one spot for a while), they won't school together. However, in smaller tanks, schooling activity is seldom seen, due to the space restrictions. Also, fish only school when they feel threatened, so fish that school tightly when first introduced will often relax and not school once they are used to the tank. I'd probably just add a few more neons to your existing group.

The cat will eat anything it can fit in it's mouth. A small frog may be eaten, a larger frog may be safe. Hard to determine exactly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store