Update on tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

K-Dubbs

AC Members
Oct 4, 2004
I started my 46 bowfront tank a month ago, for now it is a FOWLR tank. It is doing very well, all the fish/inverts are happy and healthy, and i've only had one problem fish through the whole process.
Here is what i have:
3-Green Chromis Damsels
1-Orange Spotted goby
1-Sailfin Blenny
2-"Turbo" Snails (cone shaped shell)
1-Margarita Snail
1-Nessarius Snail
1-Percula Clown
1-Cleaner Shrimp
The clown and 3 damsels are actively eating the food as soon as I put it in, right now I am just using flake food, but plan to add brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, etc. later on.
The blenny and goby i never really see eating, but I don't watch for hours on end... so i hope they are getting some food, they look healthy and the goby likes to sit and display himself in front of the tank, retreating every once in a while.
The blenny hides most of the time, coming out to perch on a rock and display his large fin.
I haven't seen the nessarius snail for a few days now and I am beginning to wonder where he is, he was a speedy one...
The two "turbo" snails are doing a great job cleaning the algae off the sides of the tank, you can see the marks from their mouths in funny little patterns :D
The margarita snail moves very little everyday, and I am wondering if this is normal for him, he sits on some of the live rock.
The cleaner shrimp is very lively hanging upsidedown from one of the liverocks and whenever food drops to the bottom he scurries over and eats it up really fast, its funny.
The only problem I really had was that I bought a friend for my one percula clown, the next day it was dried up outside the tank :rant: I think my cat had something to do with that...
Now I made sure there are NO holes whatsoever, but i'm still wondering where that nessarius went to...
Oh and I do have a sandbed bottom for the goby so I belive he will have plenty to sift through.
There is a decent amount of algae for the blenny and snails also.
I have been testing the water and all the parameters are perfect or almost perfect.
I have the wet/dry filter w/protien skimmer running with no problems, and one extra power head in the tank, ensuring proper water movement.
My next step is set for 1-2 months from now.
I have my favorite fish (Bartlets? Anthias) on hold, who looks so beautiful, is eating well, is healthy and loves to attract attention. (member I work at fish store) I've been keeping an eye on him.
I also had my eye on a deep purple coral beauty, and I would also like a lemonpeel. After that I think I'm set... any suggestions/comments/complains, I would like some input! Thanks to all those who helped me get this far... its been a bumpy ride! ;)

K-Dubbs

Gealcath

AC Members
Nov 9, 2003
Visit site
Bad thing is, the damsels will more likely kill any fish added to your aquarium, since any fish invading thier territory are either chased out or killed. So you might want to think about removing them if you want to put other fish in there.

K-Dubbs

AC Members
Oct 4, 2004
Green chromis damsels aren't aggresive... at least i thought that? i read it somewhere...

Adonis Mt

AC Members
Feb 19, 2004
Visit site
FYI if the turbo snails have "cone" shells then theyre not Turbos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store