Green Star Polyps retracted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tin_Tin

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2004
Hi,
I bought a Green Star Polyps, which is consider very healthy couple days ago.
However, it has been retracted (only show purple mat) since it is introducted to my tank.
I move it to different places with different level of light, where has low water flow but it is still....retracted
Star Polyps is hardy and can survive most reef tank condition, but seems it is not in my case.
Have you ever experienced that?
Your advise is really appreciated.

Rgds,
Tin_tin

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
How long has it been in your tank--without being disturbed? These guys are amazingly hardy, but they tend to pout after being disturbed. Give them a good spot, with medium current and decent lighting, and leave them alone for a week or so--they'll come out.

Tin_Tin

Registered Member
Oct 29, 2004
OrionGirl said:
How long has it been in your tank--without being disturbed? These guys are amazingly hardy, but they tend to pout after being disturbed. Give them a good spot, with medium current and decent lighting, and leave them alone for a week or so--they'll come out.
It has been 2 days. It has been moved few times since I only see purple mat.
I will leave them at appropriate spot for while.
Thank you very much for your advise

Rgds,
Tin_Tin

airbrnebkr

AC Members
Apr 19, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Visit site
I have to agree with Orion. I got a Star Polyp a short time ago myself and it took about 5 days of being undisturbed before they started coming out. I Have had them about 3 weeks and they look great.
Doug

hammerandy

AC Members
Jan 23, 1999
Port Republic, VA, USA
I have so many star polyps that they have grown all over my pumps and walls. They took off slow now it is almost a problem. I harvest every two weeks hands full to give away. This didn't happen till I put in 175 mh along with 6 compacts in a 125 gallon tank.

Randy

stephenray75

AC Members
Mar 9, 2004
Texas
Visit site
mine didnt open until about wk. now they fully extend and retract like normaly. they have even began to spread. give it time and lots of flow. Mine love being right under the pipe that dumps water back into my tank.

Kleber Jeronimo

Registered Member
Dec 21, 2005
Hey Tin Tin, I had the same problem but mine had been nice for a lot months, then retracted almost completely and today there's just a couple of polyps partialy opened. I made some water changes, increased the lighting and the water flow, now I hope they recover the health.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store