"Honduran red point" Cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RyJ

AC Members
Feb 2, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
Visit site
I'm looking for information on:
"Honduran red point" Cichlids.

Apparently they are a type of Convict Cichlid. I just heard about them and saw a pic....the fish has very intense blue colours, with some red of its fins. Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

N8DOGG

Peaches !!
Jul 5, 2004
NY
Visit site
I got some I'll see what kind of info I can find. Right now they may even be a new species and not a convict at all. They get to be slightly smaller then the convict and are not as aggressive, I think I herd that the male starts breeding where the female convict would have started it. I'll have to search for the info I have but if you check out www.aquamojo.com and search on that forum they have been talked about a lot.

EDIT : Scientific name right now......Cryptoheros sp. 'Honduran Red Point' they are also more closely related to C. Nanoluteus than to C. Nigrofasciatus.

Last edited:

RyJ

AC Members
Feb 2, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
Visit site
Wow, tres cool :) Thank you very much.

This fish isnt common at all...at least in my area. I found ONE of them at a Wal-Mart in Halifax last summer. It was in a tank with regular Convicts...$2.67 :)
Blue is my favourite colour, so as soon as I saw this fish I was like...woh! :) lol

I've been looking at places online where I might be able to buy more. I tried 'Tangled Up In Cichlids'...but I think there's a minimum order of $250...plus and Canadian boarder fee of $100...and some more fees ontop of that.

Does anyone know a cheaper spot? :)

N8DOGG

Peaches !!
Jul 5, 2004
NY
Visit site
man that sucks, have you asked if a Local LFS could order a large shipment from jeff rapps and then you could by from them? This might be expensive though. The min order from jeff is only $50 but I don't know about the charge to bring them to canada, if you could get a group order then that might still work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store