red tail shark

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wildiana

wildiana
Sep 27, 2004
Syracuse, New York
can anyone tell me there experience with a red tail and community fish?

i have:

2 red platy
1 taquilla sunrise
1 cory catfish
1 blue lobster
1 black balloon molly

the_dougie

Why call it tunaFISH??
Oct 17, 2004
Toronto area, Canada
they'll be peaceful if with fish roughly their size. they can grow a fair bit and when larger will harass smaller fish. give him a few hiding spots and its best to only have 1 in a tank, or big groups. he can defend himself against other fish his size, i dont know about lobsters though because they like to stay near the bottom. best off getting more advise from others. this isnt my personal experience, i havent had much luck with large fishtank keeping, but my friend's good at it so he helps me out.

fishinAZ

AC Members
Jun 7, 2004
Tucson
Visit site
My RTBS is my favorite fish, but he's a mean little guy. He chases the other fish around during feeding time and harrassed a large tiger barb to near death. When I first got him he was a nice little fishie. Then he became the boss of the tank. :bowing:

Right now everything is "normal" in my community tank which makes me afraid to add anything to the mix that would annoy Mr. Shark. :cool:

SubH8U

AC Members
Nov 7, 2004
N.S.W Australia
check the return policey

Hey i had one and it snacked on my brissle nose's tail..... i was relly pissed

they are relly teritoral
and well

soe fish have aditude problems and all fish are diffrent hence.... it worked for me but didnt for you...

Try it
If it dosent fit in and causes problems take it back

WORD OF ADVICE
THEY ARE HARD TO CATCH VERY VERY VERY HARD...

i had to trick mine... but .... i am a smart person and am able to out smart a fish ... hehehe

SubH8U

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
I would be worried about that blue lobster catching and eating him. How big is this tank? Both the lobster (crayfish) and shark are going to get pretty big (the shark should be able to get to 6 inches no problem).

Wildiana

wildiana
Sep 27, 2004
Syracuse, New York
guess what?

i got this guy last night, he was all over the place chasing everyone,

but this morning it appears he meet my buddy "snaper" (lobster) and he is as cool as everyone else, of course his back red tail is partly missing, i guess snaper told him who's boss in the tank!!!

he chase but not as much as last night, actually he tried to own a rock adn a small corner, but that was snapers corner, now the shark is every where and just hangs with the rest of them. :dance

clayt101

Registered Abuser
IME, they do not get along with dark colored fish (constantly harass), so your molly may be in trouble. My other bit of advice is not to mix a betta in with your aquarium. IME, they kill bettas. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store