email problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
Can anybody help me. I don't get email notifications anymore from the message boards I am on. I also don't get the 1 newsletter I am subscribed to.
My daughter even sent me pics of my new great grandson and even though she sent at least 4 I only got 1. Nothing goes into my delete folder or junk filter. I contacted 1 message board and they say according to their end my ISP is accepting all emails from them and everything is working fine. What's odd is that I receive maybe 1 or 2 but that's it.
I called my ISP tech and he sent me a test email which I received right away so he says everything is fine. But, it's not.
I have nothing set up in my email program to stop spam so that's not it. Please, somebody, help!!!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Who's the provider? I know my work email recently decided to add a 'filter' that refused ALL email from off the network if the individual wasn't in our address book. Complete idiocy for a public agency, but oh well. We had to change the default settings for each user to accept this off-network emails.

Another thing to check: emails including attachments are often filtered out by anti-virus software. Sometimes you have to change the extension to something else--zip files are commonly picked off this way, but .htm/,html/.asp pages are often excluded as well.

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
Now would be an excellent time to do a spyware & virus scan, disk cleanup, and a hardcore defragmention of your hard drive. If you don't know how to do these things or do not have the programs to do so (esp. the spyware and virus scans), grab your kids/grandkids, I am SURE they will know where to get them.

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
I did spybot and adaware. They came up with nothing. I did defrag. Didn't help. Disk cleanup hasn't worked in a long time, even in safemode. I didn't even have to ask my grandkids how to do any of this. lol. My daughter is of course in my address book so that isn't the answer.
The ISP is Charter if that makes a difference. It just pi$$es me off because I finally get on broadband and now I have these problems and their tech staff can't help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store