Picture of your Brackish Tanks Please??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TinaFishGirl

Trigger Lover
Nov 12, 2004
Gig Harbor, WA
Hi everyone!!!
I have done freshwater, brackish, and salt.
I liked them all, but the brackish always seemed dreary and dingy. Even clean it looked like a freshwater tank. Is that right?? I would like to start a new BW tank, but I would like ideas in how to make it look nice.
Are they supose to look like fresh, besides the brown algea, as far as deco goes? or can you make them look unique? What kind of inverts can you have if any? Plants??
I had mine for about a year, so I don't need a bunch of info just ideas-ya know??

Oh yeah so can anyone send or post a pic???

Tinagghrbr@aol.com
Thanx
Tina :troll:

big02daddy2002

AC Members
May 27, 2004
Beaver Dam, WI
Visit site
well thanx to alot of the people here and research. I have finished my 5g nano BW tank. I think it looks pretty good and once gobies get a little larger they already stand out against the black tahiton moon sand. CHeck it out:

I really like these little all in one systems, i think when i upgrade it, it will be made BW. See they can be clean, bright, and beautiful. Plants i have seen a few out there not many tho that can handle BW. Perhaps some research in some areas where these guys come from and seeing what plantlife there is there.

Last edited:

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Of course you can make your tanks look however you please! You're welcome to check out mine.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Actually, everything (except the fish) in that tank is fake. I have a Aquaclear 500, Eheim 2217 & a Backpak protein skimmer on there. The puffers in there started out in BW & are now in SW as adults.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
AC has sponge, 1" filter floss (to "polish" the water crystal clear) & on top, a bag of BioMax. Eheim has BioMax on bottom, some kind of plastic mesh that came w/the Eheim, some ceramic/gravel-type stuff that came w/the filter & filter floss on top.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store