**** Clownfish :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
I've had a nice bubble tip anemone doing very well for about a week now. The past few mornings I noticed my Bicinctus Clownfish starting to show some interest in it. This morning he was really warming up to it. Well, I think he "loved" it to death :( It's retracted up under one of my pieces of LR where I can't even really see it. What I can see, doesn't look good :confused: The real sad part is that I work at home but was too busy today to even peek at the tank :sad

Has anyone else experienced an over amourous clownfish??

Last edited:

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Yes, and the little buggers were kicked out of my tank. A pair of perculas paid too much attention to a flower pot and kept it from coming out to feed--ever. I'm not a fan of them. The bubble tip may just be looking for a better spot, unless the clown is grossly larger than the anenome--while clowns can damage an anenome, anenomes are usually pretty tolerant of 'normal' attention--some snuggling and swimming around in the tentacles.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
The bubble tip looks like it might be OK, it's just stuffed itself up into the LR probably trying to get some peace and quiet.

I have two other very tough blue tipped anemones that he's taken a liking to as well. He can't seem to bother them at all. Now he runs my other clown away from all 3 anemones. What a pain in the butt! :rant:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store