Zebra Pleco Articles

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I've posted the following zebra pleco articles on my yahoo briefcase.
1991 Insbucker (MS Word)
1993 TFH (JPEG)
1995 Aquarium Fish (JPEG)
1996 TFH (JPEG) (2 parts)
1998 TFH (MS Word)

In addition, I have posted my own "book" which contains these articles as well as my own little article about sexing zebra plecos. It is in MS word format and in 2 parts.
The book is 44 pages long and is very cool if you have access to a color laser printer.
To get the files go to:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com

Login:zebraplecostomus
Password: saints

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Thanx!!! GREAT ARTICLES!!!! Right now Im breeding albino bristlenose plecos and eventually will have enough credit to buy 2 zebra plecos...one male and one female...have you bred yours yet?

clayt101

Registered Abuser
No, I have not bred mine yet, but I am hoping that something will happen soon.....:D

Hope you enjoy the articles

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
How many zebras do you have? And how much did you spend for each.. Thanx.. :)

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
How is the breeding going? im thinking of trying myself. I seem to have Great luck with Albino bristlenose Plecos..

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Did you get the correct ph? water current towards a small cave? correct temp? If all these are correct, then shouldnt they breed? Could be that there not mature yet or perhaps you have all of one sex?

clayt101

Registered Abuser
Yeah, everything is pretty much set up correctly: ~28 degrees C, strong current, pH really doesn't matter. I don't know what the hardness is, that may be a problem:confused:

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I would test that if I were you. I dont think that would be it though. Its mostly because they arent mature yet. I do know it can take a few years for certain fish to sexually mature (syd petricola). I know a breeder who breeds fish for $$$. However, with the Zebra pleco, he orders them, then sells them to other hobbyist's. I asked him if he breeds them and he said NO. Why? Because they have only a small brood per spawning and it takes a LONG time to get them to sellable size. He did say one time they did breed, but it was an "accident" and never happened again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store