Freshwate Test Kit

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hforney

AC Members
Nov 24, 2004
Freshwater Test Kit

As a newbie cycling a 55g tank I ordered a test kit "Tetra Laborett Test Kit". I began testing my water a couple of days ago. I just realized that this kit does not test for nitrate. I found this to be strange. I guess I will have to start shopping for a new test kit, have any suggestions?

Last edited:

hforney

AC Members
Nov 24, 2004
Kasakato, That is the kit I purchased except I bought the smaller size version. If I weren't such a newbie when I read the tests it performed I would have noticed it right away. It still surprises me that it doesn't test for nitrate. I am under the understanding this is one of the 3 N's to monitor.

hforney

AC Members
Nov 24, 2004
I guess that is what I will have to do, order an Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit. I do feel a little better that it is not just me having problems with the Tetre kit I purchased. But for the life I me I don't understand why the Tetra kit does not include nitrate testing. Tetra boasts about including a CO2 chart, well I learned how to measure CO2 on this forum. I take this as another learning experience.

mayreee

AC Members
Oct 2, 2004
I bought my Aquarium Pharm. form http://thatpetplace.com and it didn't include the nitrate test. They had it listed that it did and they said they sent me one that was made before they started putting the nitrate tests in them. That pet place, being the wonderful people they are, sent me the nitrate test kit for free.

got_nailed

AC Members
Mar 26, 2004
roanoke, va
Visit site
I got the same test kit. As I go I have added lots of other tests to the kit because of my planted tanks. It is a good place to start and cheaper than getting them all one b y one most of the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store