clowns

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
What kind, and with what else? I wouldn't put a pair of maroons or tomatoes in there, but a pair of perculas or oscellaris, along with maybe one or two small fish like clown gobies, should be workable.

qtaquaman

AC Members
Dec 16, 2004
20l?

Do you mean 20L or 20 gals?
If liters I think you could possibily get away with a few hermit crabs maybe an emerald a couple of turbo snails and if lucky a small shrimp. But no fish.
If you meant 20 gals a couple of common clowns (ocellaris), or maybe banded clowns(clarkii). You might try fire fise or a goby af some sort.

Mako

EET MOR KATFISH
Nov 19, 2001
Wake Forest, NC
Visit site
You can certainly do that (perc/occ). I keep a juvenile occelaris in a 15 gallon nano with a Scotts damsel, purple basslet (no this one isn't a bully, oddly), a very small yellow watchman goby and some other goby that I caught at the beach. I do have one sailfin molly in there that just doesn't fit in, but the occellaris does great. I'm sure I could keep two if I wanted to. Just don't get too excited about keeping an anemone with occellaris if they are tank-bred. They just don't seem to give a dern about anemones.

skippy2

AC Members
Mar 14, 2004
holland, mi
Visit site
They just don't seem to give a dern about anemones.

Mako: My 2 false percs just started hosting in a brown mush. You don't need an anemone for a host. I have had these 2 fish for over a yr. and the mush. since March. The clowns just started doing this about a week ago. It's pretty cool to watch. :dance

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store