Pearl Gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chuckj

AC Members
Nov 11, 2004
Are these things hard to come by? I'm interested in them as possibly a more peaceful alternative to the blue/opaline breed. So far I can't find them anywhere locally though. Just wondered what others experience is.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
They are available more sporadically than the blue spot color morphs. I see them about every other month or so. Let your LFS know you're interested and ask them to call if they become available--most places are willing to do this.

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
If you find them, get a male and female pair. My male chases her a bit, but won't hurt her. It was scary at first, but there are hiding spots and she took up residence at one end of the tank and he at the other where he sometime blows a bubble nest. I've had them almost 3 months. Sometimes they hang together and are gentle with each other which is really nice. Sometimes they bicker, and sometimes she'll chase him.
They remind me of a married couple. At night, they really stand out under the canopy light. I recommend the pearl. Easy to keep, they eat flakes, sinker tabs, bloodworms, brine shrimp. A nice fish. You won't be disappointed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store