Green Terror is chasing female GT CONSTANTLY!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jagarundi

Bonafide, 100% Cichlid Lover!!
Oct 6, 2004
My male GT is CONSTANTLY chasing the female GT around the tank :rant: It's to the point where she has to hide all the time. As a result, she's noticably smaller than he and I would guess that this is due to her not being able to eat as much come feeding time. Sometimes, I want to jump in there and punch the bully in his mouth! What can I do to get him to leave her ALONE? At this point, I would assume that his getting a date with her is out of the question! :D

jagarundi

Oct 6, 2004
Haggisman said:
If its the 20 gallon tank you have in your sig then you should really be punching yourself since you are the one to blame.
Well, right now, they're only 3 inches long. If I put them in the 120, they would become dinner in 10 seconds. The fish in that tank are huge. While the GT's are this size, they HAVE to be in this tank. Since I can't move them right now, what can I do to stop the bullying?

jagarundi said:
Well, right now, they're only 3 inches long. If I put them in the 120, they would become dinner in 10 seconds. The fish in that tank are huge. While the GT's are this size, they HAVE to be in this tank. Since I can't move them right now, what can I do to stop the bullying?
Divide the tank or rehome one, its the only way to stop the bullying, they dont get the name TERROR for nothing.

Btw if you still have the fish listed in your sig in the 120 then its already way overstocked.

jagarundi

Oct 6, 2004
Well, I updated my sig. Only the Pacu's and the Oscars are in that tank now. The other fish got too big and were sold to the LFS for a nice price, I might add.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store