Trimac, Vejia Malculicauda, Flowerhorn aggression questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nusema

AC Members
Sep 9, 2004
Hurley, MS
The question came from me when I was standing in front of the flowerhorns at my LFS and thought what exactly makes a flowerhorn? By the way I do know that the animal is a Hybrid AND CAN SEE PAST THAT. I also would like to know the temperment difference in a flowerhorn and a Trimac? If anyone knows. I have concluded the following as a generalization of cichlids (minding some fish are exceptional) aggressions from least to greatest: Oscar, JD, Texas, Red Devil, Flowerhorn. Everything else falls in between these. And where do the Wolf and Jaguar cichlids fall here?

qtaquaman

AC Members
Dec 16, 2004
The wolf I'm unsure of but the jag is just behind the flowerhorn. And there are thousands of species that are less aggressive than the ones you mentioned. The red devil would be a match for the jaguar.

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
All fish varies. I know some people who have very aggressive jags. And some people have docile jags. Some have aggressive RD. Others don't. Some people have aggressive FH. Some don't. My trimac has the same temperment as my midas. If rating my fish aggression from 1 being peaceful and 10 being aggressive...I'll say my midas and trimac are around 5 or 6. My jag is around 4. Wolf fish will be around 9 or 10, I think (I don't have experience on this fish...not positive sure).

Shierkahn

AC Members
Jul 30, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
If by wolf you mean Dovii they are extremly aggresive IME. They get very large. I had to give my Dovii away because it was tearing up my Festea. Granted the festea was a little smallerat 6" and the Dovii was about 8".If you mean the other wolf I have no expierience with those.

Banger

AC Members
Oct 2, 2004
Anne Wolfe isn't aggressive at all, Big Red on the other hand is a beast!!!!

wolf side shot.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store