Angelfish Eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mudvayne

AC Members
Feb 28, 2004
New Hampshire
My Angelfish breed over the night last night

I took the eggs out of the tank and put them into thier own special contanier so that the other fish in the tank don't eat them.

How long does it take for the eggs to hatch?

How big will they be when they hatch?

Can they be put back into the tank with their parents or should I keep them seperate until they are a bit bigger?

There are about 25 eggs in the nest like object will they all hatch or will they not hatch at all?

Is there anyway to tell if they are fertilized if there is what should I look for on or in the eggs?

Mudvayne

soupdragon10

soupdragon10
Dec 19, 2004
cornwall, england
The eggs should hatch in 2-4 days if they are fertile. Make sure you have an airstone near the eggs to ensure a gentle flow of water over them. The parents naturally clean the eggs of debris etc, and you need to simulate this in your tank. It might be worth adding an anti fungal such as methylene blue to stop any infertile eggs that fungus from affecting the others.
Infertile eggs will go whitish, fertile eggs should begin to show developing babies!
Whatever you do, once they hatch do not feed the youngsters until they are free swimming. Until then they will be feeding on the yolk sac, and any food can cause pollution and kill the whole brood.
Good luck. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store