Sudden Death

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ottermad

Registered Member
Nov 30, 2002
Visit site
Hi ( 1st timer )
I hope someone out there can come up with an answer.
My problem is up until 2 days ago I had a happy healthy 25g taken with 4 small Pl*co & a shoal of Guppy. Yesturday when I got up 1 of the Pl*co was floating dead on the surface. I was thinking oh well these thing happen. That was until this afternoon, as I was watching the tank my largest and strongest Pl*co, when I relised it was gasping (breathing ??) very very rapidly, at the same time at 1 minute intervals it would swim to the surface gulp air then swim down and expell it, this continued for about 10 minutes. Then came the real shock it settled down for about 5 minutes then started swimming very fast and erratic stopped for short while then it what I can only discribe as HAD A FIT, (like a crocodile in a death roll side over side) then stopped moving and floatted to the surface dead. Any advise would be a real help, Thanks

ottermad

Registered Member
Nov 30, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by ottermad
Hi ( 1st timer )
I hope someone out there can come up with an answer.
My problem is up until 2 days ago I had a happy healthy 25g taken with 4 small Pl*co & a shoal of Guppy. Yesturday when I got up 1 of the Pl*co was floating dead on the surface. I was thinking oh well these thing happen. That was until this afternoon, as I was watching the tank my largest and strongest Pl*co, when I relised it was gasping (breathing ??) very very rapidly, at the same time at 1 minute intervals it would swim to the surface gulp air then swim down and expell it, this continued for about 10 minutes. Then came the real shock it settled down for about 5 minutes then started swimming very fast and erratic stopped for short while then it what I can only discribe as HAD A FIT, (like a crocodile in a death roll side over side) then stopped moving and floatted to the surface dead. Any advise would be a real help, Thanks

yannfulliquet

Hypancistrus Lover
Aug 23, 2002
Hi!
Really look like water problem, Are the Guppy doing bad or god?
Did you use some sort of Medecine or any thing else lately.
It is a good idea to do a water change but you really shourd check you water parameters first!
What are they?
Nitrates Nitrites Ammonia PH hardness T°?
Cheers
Yann

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store