Geophagus Brasiliensis Breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hally

AC Members
Sep 22, 2004
Yippee my Geophagus Brasiliensis has laid about 100 or so eggs they're 2 days old now & I can see black dots moving in the eggs I'm real happy about it. The tank is 30" length & two parents are great, she is guarding the eggs & wont let him even go near the eggs ... Question should I keep them both in the tank together with eggs, how long before they are little fry & also how long between spawnings ... any help appreciated .... Thanks in advance

Hally

AC Members
Sep 22, 2004
Yippee Were Parents

Hahaha :D I'm happy to anounce the eggs hatched right in front of our eyes, at first we saw mum grabbing something & spitting it out in a cave 12" from the eggs site & then we worked out what she was doing, she was getting the new hatched fry & taking them away to another cave & the dad also helping out... I was worried about not knowing if I should leave them in the tank together (mum dad & fry) but all's great they are being great parents so far. Anyone feel like telling me about experiences they've had :idea2: ... I still don't know if I should remove mum & dad... Thanks fellow fish keepers ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store