Angelfish with white marking on his fins

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

colin20

AC Members
May 3, 2004
Visit site
You know the how there is the top fin and the bottom fin and then infront of the bottom fin there is two fins that are long well on one of them there appears to be a few white blemishes and the end of the other one seems to be white...whats the deal with this.....This angle fish;s body is white and the fins look clear minus the spots...dont think it is ne thing but lets c what u think. thnkas in advance

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Can you describe what the 'blemishes' look like? Are they raised? Flat? Does it look like grains of salt? How large are they?
Here's a site that names all the fins - maybe this will make describing things a bit easier :)

ndillonsc

AC Members
Mar 28, 2004
Columbia, SC
Visit site
I have two things.

First it could be ick so get some treatment formula from the pet store to be 100% sure that it is not.

Second. It is painful to read your post. How old are you? Look over your typing before submitting. You have almost every word spelled wrong. Makes my skin crawl.

ne thing = anything
c = see
u = you
sma;; = small

Last edited:

mayreee

AC Members
Oct 2, 2004
If it is ich the best treatment would be salt. One tsp per gallon and raise the temp up to 86 degrees.

I understood what she wrote :) Some people just like typing differently. They shouldn't have to change it just because you don't like it.

qtaquaman

AC Members
Dec 16, 2004
There ventral fins and if there are only one or two white specs its likely a lymphocyte of some kind. Like a benign tumor on fish. If they appear all over the body its likely ich.

labont865

This is drako, a friend of a friend
Nov 26, 2004
ndillonsc said:
I have two things.

First it could be ick so get some treatment formula from the pet store to be 100% sure that it is not.

Second. It is painful to read your post. How old are you? Look over your typing before submitting. You have almost every word spelled wrong. Makes my skin crawl.

ne thing = anything
c = see
u = you
sma;; = small

Relax there big shooter. We understood what was written it isnt a big deal! Spelling doesnt natter as long as the point gets across. And if you dont like when people write differentyl I hope you never go to any other forums cause you waould probably die of a brains annurism

Colin what type pf angels are they?? It could just be markings is it on both fish?? Have they changed personality wise?

Last edited:

colin20

AC Members
May 3, 2004
Visit site
haha yeah im 21 and i go to university but i dont check spelling i just write it ahha.a.....yeah i dont knwo what it could be its a koi angel and he is in a tank with a royal pleco and 4 neon tetras. yeah the markings seem to be on both of the bottom fins that are beside eachother....one marking is on the tip...tip is white as where rest is clear and on the other there is a few white markings...the fish is acting fine im just a worry wart cause i dont want ne thig to happen to my royal pleco since he costs lots and ther angel is getting big too..........the body of my angel is fine thanks for the help and suggestions and for sticking up for me hahhahahhahha lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store