2 angels not eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livewyr25

AC Members
Sep 21, 2004
ive noticed that my 2 angel fish arent eating, they totally ignore the food when placed in the tank, this has never been the case and have always been so excited to see me comming to the tank with food? any suggestions??? both of them seem to be looking healthy.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
hhhhhh, I have a few questions, how long have you had them, how old/big are they? Have you checked the water parameters? Is the temp stable? Are they seeming to stay in one area? Are there any other fish in the tank? How big is the tank?

livewyr25

AC Members
Sep 21, 2004
ive had them for about 5-6 months, if id have to say how big they are id say3-4 inches from top to bottom (including fins), temp is stable between 78-80, water paramenters are fine and do weekly 20% water changes. they tend to stay towards the back of the tank, not moving around too much. the only other fish i have in my 20g is 3 clown loaches and a gold tiger pleco.

livewyr25

AC Members
Sep 21, 2004
im currently batteling the dreadful green water and cant really see if there are any eggs at all, today i noticed they were excited when i came to teh tank so i gave tehm a pinch of flake food, one of them went for the food, but then spit it out, this is the food they have always eaten, i also switch it up with some other granuals. im gonna run my diatom tonight see if i can see any eggs in the back corner by my amazon sword where they hang out.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I'm guessing it's very possible..... however... if in the meantime, you want to try to get them to eat a little bit..... blood worms were always a snack they wouldn't turn down.

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
once when my angels laid eggs they were not interested in food at all - until they ate their eggs lol - i bet there are eggs hidden around there somewhere - how are they acting towards other fish in the tank when they come near their area?

livewyr25

AC Members
Sep 21, 2004
well they are the only top dwellers in the tank, so no other fish goes near it, maybe once in a while, but not when im looking really, i hope that is the case, id hate to see these fish starve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store