Anyone have 20 gal top fin?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

renie

AC Members
Jan 3, 2005
Please help me--I have a 20 gallon Top Fin Aquarium set up. From reading this informative site, I guess my 19 watt light is not adequate? I should have double that? Where do I get a light?

Also, most important! In the filter box was a black plastic thing, that my LFS did not know what it was. It seems like it fits behind the filter cartridge, it's about the same size. Any help is very appreciated!

Lauren

Say hello to my lilttle friends
Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
I'm pretty sure mine is a top fin. Your 19 watt light is not adequate IF you want to grow plants. If you keep with plastic plants it'll be fine. You can buy a new hood for your tank for ~30 with better light if you want live plants. I don't remember where, there is a website that I'm sure someone will know.

I don't know what to tell you about the filter. Maybe post pictures?

greenday04

AC Members
Nov 28, 2004
Concord, CA
I have a TopFin power filter 30. I says it is good for tanks up to 30g. Is this enough for the 20g since it says that? Any ideas would be great.

Also want to put in the following fish:

5 or 6 ornate tetras
5 or 6 cardinal tetras
5 to 6 dwarf spotted cories

I want a larger fish for a vocal point. Someone suggested a dwarf or honey gourami or a pair of cherry barbs.

To much fish, not enough, ok? Advice please
Thanks so much! :bowing:

mayreee

AC Members
Oct 2, 2004
greenday04 said:
I have a TopFin power filter 30. I says it is good for tanks up to 30g. Is this enough for the 20g since it says that? Any ideas would be great.

Also want to put in the following fish:

5 or 6 ornate tetras
5 or 6 cardinal tetras
5 to 6 dwarf spotted cories

I want a larger fish for a vocal point. Someone suggested a dwarf or honey gourami or a pair of cherry barbs.

To much fish, not enough, ok? Advice please
Thanks so much! :bowing:
You would get more replies if you started your own thread.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store