Any reptile hobbiests here?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

redwing191

AC Members
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
I got into the reptile hobby about half a year ago. Now i have 3 lizards and am about to get 3 more. Does anyone here keep reptiles or know of a good active reptile hobby board? Im just trying to identify a type of gecko.

Seattle206

lets get blown...
Oct 27, 2004
Seattle, WA
i had a ball python. It got stuck in my car. Costs 300 for the mechanics to get everything apart to get it. Threw it away afterwards.

mwood322

AC Members
Try Kingsnake.com - Forums

In addition to the 20 fish tanks I have 2 Leopard Geckos (One High-Yellow, and 1 Leucistic), 2 Crested Geckos, 1 Fat Tail Gecko, 3 Fire Belly Toads, 1 Whites Tree Frog, 2 Ribbon Snakes, 1 Ball Python, and 2 Corn Snakes. Thankfully I no longer work at the pet store so have stopped bringing home the animals people returned because they got tired of them (Ball Python, Fire Bellies, Tree Frog, 1 Leopard Gecko, 1 Ribbon Snake.) :thud:

--Mia

elgecko

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
PA
www.geocities.com
I have kept many different lizards. I bred Leopard Geckos for a few years.
Right now I do not have any lizards. If I had room I would get something, most likely a true chameleon. Never kept one yet, a Veiled or Panther.
They have reptile shows an hour and a half away that I used to go to regulary. I have not been there in about 3 years. I keep thinking of going, but I know I would come home with something and no room for it.

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
I have kept all kinds of snakes native to Texas as well as Corn snakes (just love the little guys and the colors you can get), several lizards, a tortoise and even some hot snakes (venomous). The Kingsnake.com forums are great for herps and especially graybanded kings, if you ever get into them.

Elgecko, just aword of advice: Panthers are beautiful chameleons but they are so hard to acclimate and stress at the drop of a hat. In the herp shop I used to work in we had one that only ate for one employee and turned black (stressed) anytime anyone else was around, so Mike eventually took it home. Those guys are super sensitive in my experience and need a quiet room with very little activity around it. Just a heads up.

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
never mind

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store