Oscars to agressive?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

adamdwalker

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
I have had two oscars now, all fbought at about 5-6" from fish shops, however they have all become to aggressive and I have had to move them to a smaller unsuitable tank until i find a home. I hear that if you buy them as babies they should get on fine with everything in the tank so long as they are of a suitable size...

yey or nay people!?

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Oscars will get along as long as they are young, but eventually they will start to try and forma chain of command, and the weaker one will get beat up. In a tank the weaker one has no where to go and will probably get killed. Dominance issues can apparentlly get fixed by keeping them in packs of 6 or more. But that would require a huge tank, probably at least 50-70 gallon per fish.

jib

Anyone out there nub sprickets?
Dec 16, 2004
Boston, Ma
I started with two oscars (~2") in a 90 gal, when they were about 4" one of them harassed the other so bad I found him on the floor one morning. But at the same time he has no major probs with the pl*co thats been in there since the begining....

adamdwalker

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
ok i wont get one again, this ones getting on my t|ts though! its flaring its gills at me whenever i go near it and stuff little b*****d

Last edited:

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
adamdwalker said:
ok i wont get one again, this ones getting on my t|ts though! its flaring its gills at me whenever i go near it and stuff little b*****d
That's something I love about them! Their characteristics! He sounds like fun!

;)

Lila

adamdwalker

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
mmmmmm i wouldnt wana meet your boyfriend then

anyway i think their tongues are pretty cute, do any of you know if you can feed fish redskin peanuts (they have no additives or anything)?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store