ending ich cycle

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
It looks like I'm at the end of the ich cycle in my big tank. I was worried for my pictus cat, but he seems ok today, except for a small bloody patch near his top fin, that looks like its healing well. My one remaining ornate tetra looks better today, however lonely on his own.

When can I start reducing the salt content, and lowering the temp? And, when can I add some new tetras to replace those lost?

Its been a tough week. I gave my clown pleco a piece of zuchini last night.
I found my little ancistrus baby dead in my 25g this morning. :( I think he might of wandered too close to my clown plecos piece of zuchini las night.

Body was intact, there was no indication of illness. He was chomping on algae as of last night...am I right to blame the clown pleco for the death?

adamdwalker

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
nice waterchange will do i wouldnt add fish for at least a week, what do we in the UK call zucchini?

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Keep the treatment going for at least a week after the last sign of ich. So it could be 3 weeks total treatment or so. This will hopefully eliminate all ich from your tank. If you don't already have one, now is a good time to think about a quarantine tank. If you set one up know (use some filter media from the existing tank) you could be getting your new fish ready for the main tank and not worry about adding more ich to the tank.

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
i doubt your clown pleco killed him - the body wouldve been colorless and fleshy - the pleco would start to suck on him as a snack - also i own a clown and they're really not aggressive

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
In French its Courge. Darn those anglais again!

I am thinking the ancistrus was just too tiny. I wonder if the zuchini poisioned him? My clown ate it with no prob.

I saw my clown doing a tizzy fit that morning, bouncing around in circles and then jumping onto and off of his mopani wood. This lasted about a minute. What was that about?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store