Petsmart

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

African Dick

AC Members
Jan 11, 2005
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. If you take a sheet in from Petsmart's website with the price your local Petsmart will honor the price. More times than not this beats many online retailers' prices. I picked up an Emperor 400 that was priced at 74.99 for only 42.99.

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
BamaPits said:
... I picked up an Emperor 400 that was priced at 74.99 for only 42.99.
:eek: That's a savings! Nice bit of info. Thanks BamaPits.

acefred

AC Members
Dec 26, 2004
My local store will also price match any other price I've brought in be it web or store special price.

Die Putzfrau

Deutsch Meister
Jan 23, 2005
Minnesota
Now I've noticed the same thing as well. When I was going to buy a new tank I compared the prices and realized the price online was lower. I went into the store and complained about why I couldn't buy the tank at the online price. The employee told me that it's more expensive in stores because they have to pay for the logistics and what not to send the stuff to the store whereas online you just order it directly from the warehouse thus minimizing the cost. I think the online price ends up being pretty similar to the store price when the shipping cost is added.

MikefromNH

AC Members
Nov 21, 2004
Go in there with a printout of the online price and tell them to match it! The cashiers will have a stupid look on their face because the online price will be 40% less. Then they'll call a manager who'll come up with some stupid excuse why you shouldn't get the price. Ask him/her point blank if their policy is to match their online prices with a YES or NO, PERIOD. They will say yes. Do not let them give you any other response.

Every time I've done this there has been some sort of "problem". The bottom line is the store mgr was trying to weasel out of honoring their own policy because the prices were so different. I ALWAYS end up getting the, " Well, I guess we can honor the online price.....bla bla blaaaa" or " wow.... are you sure you got this from our website??" in a totally unprofessional fashion. DUH!!!:mad2 I understand the store manager has to watch out for his or her store but it is really ridiculous. It should be a 2 minute process. Cashier calls mgr. Cashier shows mgr printout provided by customer. Mgr verifies it online. Mgr puts key in register and OK's the price match. Mgr says," Have a nice day". Cashier takes money in exchange for product. Customer walks out satisfied. END OF STORY.

Don't get me wrong, I really like petsmart, mostly for "big money" items that would cost an arm and a leg at my LFS. I just can't stand the BS that comes along with the whole price matching ordeal. I swear they make a big deal out of it so you just go in and pay the regular price to avoid any hassle. Not that it matters but I'm speaking of the Nashua, NH store in particular.

Die Putzfrau

Deutsch Meister
Jan 23, 2005
Minnesota
Thanks for the advice, I guess I just happened to complain to the wrong employee who actually knew what was going on.

got_nailed

AC Members
Mar 26, 2004
roanoke, va
Visit site
I use there website all the time and get the price match. The managers know me well now and don’t say much but hi. If they do try to start something I tell everyone else that’s in line with me about there price match and show them how much my stuff is marked up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store