Angelfish dying...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

QCppg

Carp for brains!
May 4, 2004
Visit site
Before I even start I will admit that I was lax in my tank maintainence which I am sure didn't help any with my problems. A few months ago I'd posted about the possibility of a neon tetra disease outbreak in my tank, then suddenly quit posting. That was because my royal plecostimus had died and I all but lost interest in the hobby, and did completely lose interest in my angelfish tank. Anyways not that long after the royal died and the last possible sick neon died I lost the rest of my neons and half of my angels in rapid succession (I had nine, now I have four). None of the angels I have left are eating (or at least not what I put in the tank), yet all the catfish I have (four cories, a banjo, a bumblebee, a pitbull pleco and a common pleco) are just as ravenous as ever, which makes me think that the angels contracted neon disease.

Also I tore that tank down and moved it's inhabitants to a 20 long so I could convert the 55 to saltwater, and when I did I found black mold growing on the driftwood and under the gravel. And yes I mean the same black mold that's more carcinogenic than three packs a day! I thought this was the culprit until the most recent angelfish death, yesterday, two weeks after the fish were moved into their new tank.

Now the questions: Am I correct in assuming that the remaining angelfish aren't going to last too much longer (at the most they eat only one or two flakes, and they used to be almost as gluttonus as goldfish)? Also I want to put my big common pleco in my oscar tank, but I don't want to infect the oscars! Is there any chance of that happening? Thanks.

N8DOGG

Peaches !!
Jul 5, 2004
NY
Visit site
what size tanks? what do you have in them?
Were the neons in the angelfish tank? angelfish EAT neons.
9 angels in what size tank 75+?
sorry for your loss.

If the fish are not eating then don't feed them, do water changes, what are your nitrite/nitrate/ammonia readings?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store