severum and parrots?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jazzygar1

Registered Member
Jan 22, 2005
i'm thinking about putting a gold severum in with my 3 juvenile parrots. the tank is a 55 gallon. will they be compatible?

normaj2002

Registered Member
Jan 15, 2005
parrot and severum

I am newbie to fish but i do have two severum and three parrot fish in the same tank , the parrot is very agressive but the severum hold there own with him ,the other two parrot are still babies about half his size buy thet too are not afraid i give them plenty of things to hide if needed ,they have been together now about three weeks and are now begining to settle down ,they still bump each other now and then when i feed them but the big parrot is more agressive with me then the other fish regards norma

Amazontankz

AC Members
Jan 23, 2005
I once had a young parrot paired in a tank with a young severum. They were both the same size and worked out great in the begining. Later on though, as they grew the parrot fish became very aggresive to the severum and would not alow her to eat. I moved the severum to a 55g and the parrot fish continued the behavior with any other fish in the tank with it. I ended up giving the parrot back to the store I bought it from.

I don't think the problem had anything to do with the Parrot/Severum combination, but thought I should post my experiance anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store