rose anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

keltab

AC Members
Jun 23, 2004
va
Visit site
I have a rose anemone that I have had for about 4 months I feed it every day, it likes squid. It has found a spot in the tank and stays . My clowns love it. Its base looks good , really the whole thing looks good , but the only thing that is worrying me is that it is loosing its color. it is pink now. The place where I bought it said it might be because I keep my tank at 78 and maybe I should try bringing it down for the winter to 76. Does anyone Have any ideas??? Thanks Kelli

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I'd say it's most likely your light. Also these critters need really stable conditions and one of their stress reactions is to expell thier zoolante ,"sp". So if you could give us a bit more info please? How long has your tank been up and running? What else do you have in it and how big is the clown in relation to the anemone? What are your readings for amonia,nitrite and nitrate? I don't think that the temp is the problem.
hth
chris

keltab

AC Members
Jun 23, 2004
va
Visit site
rose

I have a 72 gallon bow front, wet dry filter, with a uv santizter and a protien skimmer. I have about 120lbs of live rock. The tank is about 8 months old. I do water canges once a wekk like clock work. Everyone is very happy. I have A Hammer , bubble coarl, 3 leathers 4 different mushrooms, 2 different sponges, waving hand zena, some feather dusters, cleaner shrimp, coarl banded shrimp, snails hermits , yellow tang, 6 line wrasp, watchman goby and a shrimp partner, bunch of star polups . The trus persulas that hang out in the rose are about a third the size of the rose. and I would say it is the size of a fist. my water quality is all reading ok. except, my salt did get alittle high the other day. I way slacking on keeping up with the fresh water top off. Could that have something to do with it????

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Any sudden change in salinity can affect these guys so that may be an issue. You migh consider soaking it's food in selcon or some other coral vitamin. The captive diet can be a bit limited for these guys. My other thought would be that your clowns are beating it up. If they are too big a lot of times it's more than these guys can take. I know this is sort of vague and I'm sorry but, a process of elimination is all I know that might help you. Even though bubbletips are one of the easier anemonies to keep that's really not saying a lot. A number of these guys have a really hard time adjusting to captivity no matter what you do. I'm not saying that it's impossible just sort of hard especially for the wild caught ones. They more or less require you to set up the tank with their needs in mind. Even then it's more or less a luck of the draw sort of thing they don't ship well; they can't take sudden changes in chemistry and they need a pretty well established tank. I think that they need an established because they get a lot of thier nutrients from the small life in addition to the stable conditions it provides. Keep up the good work but, also consider that no matter what you do it may not be enough. Not trying to be gloomy or negative but, anemonies ain't easy but, please don't give up :)

best of luck
Chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store