blue crayfish compatibility

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CCchaos04

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
ohio
I might be getting some blue crayfish from my cousin in texas who breeds them and i was trying to figure out where to put them. I was wondering if i could put them in my 75 gallon with my pacu, clown knife, silver scat and green scat. I was thinking maybe i could just band the claws so they cant attack my fish

Wildiana

wildiana
Sep 27, 2004
Syracuse, New York
i don't think thats a good idea, as blue cray goes through a "molting" period about every 8 weeks or so, this is when he sheds off his shell and gets a new one and it will take time for it to become hard again, becoming lunch meat for your fish to eat.

to better help you visit this site www.bluecrayfish.com they can help you better than i can.

Veneer

AC Members
Dec 20, 2004
CCchaos04 said:
I was thinking maybe i could just band the claws so they cant attack my fish
They would probably be consumed or maimed in this setup [but not before they lacerate most of their cohabitants], regardless of the rubberband (which would not only leave them open to predation but likely cause terminal damage to the tissue and fatal molting complications). There is also the risk of starvation ("banded" grocery-display lobsters are not fed) - prolonged constiction would render them unable to secure and manipulate food items.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store