Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    08-12-2011 10:05 PM
    Unfortunately people will still be doing these stupid things because of idiot pet store chains, who seem to be there for the sole reason of cheating people out of their money and ruining the lives of both their customers and the pets themselves. If you have a local pet store chain that begins with PET in it, Please inform the owners of these 3 main chains to get a freaking clue and to educate their employee's as well. Nothing is worse than overhearing a pet store employee literally giving someone all the wrong advice and info because their idiot friend had one of these and knows everything, even though the correct answer lies in a book these twits sell and are obviously to stupid to pick the darned thing up and read it first.

Sorry for the rant but i had to let it out

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    Today 10:23 AM
    Blog Entries
    For a post that is several years old, still nothing much has changed.

Hopefully, we can get enough people educated to make these changes in a real way. Its is difficult to paddle against a tide that pushes out animals as if they were simply a disposable product.
    "Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out."

Gourami Mommy
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    03-31-2013 4:38 PM
    I know this is a while later but, which fish got eaten? I have two dwarf gourami.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Scott
    Last Activity
    12-18-2014 12:01 PM
    I just read through alot of this thread. Post #1 talks about no sane person would keep a Great Dane in an Apt. Actually according to Animalplanet.com and my personal experience with owning multiple Great Danes, they make just about the BEST apartment dog. They are in the top 10 list for best apt dog. Big, lazy, huge bladder, gentle, not yappy like all of the small "dogs" that people think are good apt dogs.

Professional Whovian CinnamonPearl's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    12-13-2014 3:27 PM
    I don't understand why animal rights groups are all about dogs and cats but don't give a **** about fish. Fish are animals too! Sure, fish aren't cute. They can't make sad puppy-dog eyes, and they can't cry out if they're being hurt, but that doesn't mean they can't think and feel.

I've even dealt with experienced and knowledgeable aquarists who think that fish cannot feel as much as terrestrial animals. Once I was reading a story about a student who had to use live goldfish in a science lab. I was outraged and said that it's equivalent to using dogs and cats in a lab. I was then fought and told that it's not the same. I had to end the debate with, "Well excuse me for believing that all life is equal." I made this picture on Ribbet to pass around and in hope that it will help open some people's eyes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Animal Cruelty.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	207547
    10g Freshwater Planted- (undergoing construction)

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    08-14-2014 12:41 PM
    I completly agree,
    I wish big chain stores that sell fish give this kind of information to people
    Go you for standing up and saying something

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Josh
    Well, there's still some debate as to what extent fish "think" and "feel" but I do agree that too many people view them as expendable.
    20 gallon long planted
    My carnivorous plants

Quote Originally Posted by Rbishop View Post
    I like the movie Goonies...pretty sure it was a historical documentary....

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    10-26-2014 9:58 PM
    Haha, I was JUST going to make that Great Dane comment myself! Contrary to popular belief, Greyhounds are also perfect apartment dogs, because all they want to do is sleep 24/7.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    Today 10:00 AM
    i have called out so many people at pet stores that they have banned me from talking to other people.not really but 1 store is trying to do it.lol i have called out everybody and anybody.
    Last edited by Rbishop; 09-18-2014 at 2:06 AM. Reason: political reference

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread Information