sand for dsb

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ClownieandBilly

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Hi, i am in the process of planning my set up for my new 125g reef tank and have many questions on equipment etc.Firstly i would like to know if the playsand available at local diy shops would be suitable for my dsb.We do not have Home depots here in U.K.The playsand does not have a list of ingredients on the packaging so i do not know if it will have anything harmful in it.Does anyone know of any reason why normal playsand would not be suitable?

crenicichla

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
it can contain toxic ingredients, i would go with a quality sand that is designed for saltwater use

how deep is your DSB going to be? A DSB only starts to work at around 4" and anything after 12" is too much.

HTH:)

lebloom

AC Members
Oct 4, 2001
Illinois
I don't have any home depot here where I live so I had to scour the net. Bought my sand which is an aragionite, very, very fine. If I was you I'd call these people at purearagonite.com and they will take care of your needs at a very reasonable price.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store