snails in the tank-thanks everyone!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

naboo22

Registered Member
Jan 16, 2003
Visit site
I am so thankful for all the great ideas-I have a new 125 gal.tank,12 catfish(various) 7 tetras and my sucker-I change the water 25 to 30 % every 2 weeks,and use filtered water. I have only 1 live plant,a jade that is attached to a rock. I will try cutting back on the food,and figured that the next cleaning will be really a good one,scrubbing everything down really well,etc. And I will see about getting another fish that likes snails,as there is plenty of room in this tank for one more!
Again,thanks to everyone for your help!
:)

zmaj101

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Logan, Utah
Visit site
mixed blessing

I didn't see your earlier post, but I assume this has something to do with your tank being overrun by those little snails that often sneak in on live plants.

My only advice is seek a biological solution (such as a clown loach) to keep the population in check, but don't entirely erradicate them. Having tons of little snails does a fantastic job of keeping your tank clean. You'll do way less algae scraping.

Every time I've set up a new tank, I've intentionally transplanted a few of those little trash snails over to the new setup. IMHO, they're the best kept secret for keeping a tank clean that I know of.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store