saddleback loves anenome too much????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

brenmark

Registered Member
Jan 31, 2005
These 2 are like a postage stamp stuck to an envelope! I would have to say the saddleback spends about 80-85 % of it's time in the anenome. Is this bad for the anenome? It's bad, He barely makes it out for feeding time and acts like a sentry (guarding his home) by staying realy close. :eek: or :D ?

Any feed back is appreciated!!!!!!!!!

FYI

150 gal.
60# live rock
1 PJ Cardinal (PJ)
1 electric blue damsel (Lit)
1 tomato clown (Lucky)
1 saddleback clown (Hoss)
1 coral shrimp (Jack-in French)
1 peppermint shrimp (Pepe)
1 hermit crab (Hermie)
1 anenome (Rose) She's got an orange butt, tan body, pink tips,4" long tenticles
UGF sys

Pepe molted last night and Hermie picked himself a new home this morning!

Last edited:

TinaFishGirl

Trigger Lover
Nov 12, 2004
Gig Harbor, WA
How big is your clown and anenome? Saddles are aggressive with thier anenomes, so you have to make sure the fish is half the size or he will kill it. He will spend almost all his time with it. That's why I don't like having the pair together. He should be bringing the anenome food though.

FloridaBoy

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
My friend, if you haven't already, please research how to increase your chances of success with the anemone; millions have died without proper lighting/care. Many only last a few months in the average hobbyist's tank.

TinaFishGirl

Trigger Lover
Nov 12, 2004
Gig Harbor, WA
FloridaBoy said:
My friend, if you haven't already, please research how to increase your chances of success with the anemone; millions have died without proper lighting/care. Many only last a few months in the average hobbyist's tank.

Great advice!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store