Newbie here

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

racingjason

Big Fish Tank..Small Fish Knowledge
Feb 7, 2005
Have been lurking/learning for a while as I changed my tank over from Malawi Cichlids to Discus and thought it was time to register. (Lots of good info here BTW)
I have 2 small tanks and one large one. 1 15 gallon is still cichlid fry, 1 15 gallon is just for plants and the 270 gallon tank is still aging for the discus. It has 50 neon tetras, 4 barbs, 2 plecos, 1 beta (or is it siamese?) fighting fish and 7 or 8 corys in it now. In 2 weeks I will head to a fish auction and pick up a school of discus! I am really excited!
I still have lots to do, I am mounting a FBF and a CO2 system next week to keep the plants and the discus happy.
Any suggestions/input is greatly appreciated as I am a discus newbie.

Thanks-Jason

tank.JPG neon plants.JPG tank room.JPG siamese.JPG apple snail.JPG

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
Hiya, welcome to AC!
What a nice tank, is the background styrofoam with QuickCrete?
It sounds to me like you're making a wonderful home for your discus, can't wait to see pictures :D

racingjason

Big Fish Tank..Small Fish Knowledge
Feb 7, 2005
Thanks!
It is a cement tank poured in the wall. The caves were made by stacking bricks to get the general shape then forming cement around them until they were smooth. Estimated weight: LOTS! :)

Edit: In the picture of the tank room the cement on the left side is the back of the big tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store