Rubber Lip Pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Orbitorly

Out in left field...
I picked on up from my LFS a week ago. He seems to be doing okay but his color has gotten lighter. I put algea tab's in and I've never seen him eat them but I do have Cories that do, and help with be appreciated.

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
I have one with my feeder guppies.. He great..never see a spot of algae on the glass. He about 4" long and does'nt eat algae wafers ether. I think he just doesn't like them.. He does a great job in the tank tough. there real plants in htere and he doesn't touch em.

Ger

AC Members
Jan 14, 2003
Westerly, RI USA
Visit site
My Chaetostoma plec (bulldog,wide-mouth, insert name du jour here) won't eat algae tabs at all... He's doing well, grazing on whatever food the rainbows don't get and what little algae is in the tank (it's the only algae/scavanger type in the tank). What exactly do you mean by lighter -- recently, since you introduced it into the tank, etc? Mine changes colors sometimes depending where it is in the tank as if it were trying to blend in with the gravel, sort of light mottled splotches. What color is your gravel? Have you tried blanched lettuce or zucchini?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store