Rose Anemone Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RJackGarrett

Registered Member
Feb 11, 2005
Okay, never had any kind of anemone before,... these have to be the coolest little jello puff mucus blobs on earth. I watched mine eat today,... best thing ever. Anyway, it is a smaller glop, maybe 3" - 4" in diameter and[/IMG] I have gotten lots of confilicting information on how often I should feed it. Can anyone with experience tell me what a safe time frame is?

Also, how does one post pics,... tried to no avail.

Thanks All,

Jack

zog

AC Members
Dec 7, 2004
I would feed it once a week with a small peice of shrimp or fish. It might also eat plankton when you feed your coral.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
Mine actually gets overfed. My Clarkii Clown sees to this. Everything bit of food that the clown gets goes right to the anemone. I'm at the point were I don't actually feed it at all. The darn clown will try to steel food from my pink tip atlantic anemone!! :mad:

See the thread titled Mynewnano for a pic of my BTA.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I feed mine about every other day. I give it 1/2 to a whole silver side per feeding . If it's not in the mood to eat it will reject the food with in about 15 mins or so and then I take it out. I also dose with phyto and other filter feeder foods around three times a week and stir up the bottom at least once a week when I run my vacuum :).
In the pic your anem looks like it's pretty close to some of your coral and if you are still able to move the corals I would. These guys are know for stinging their neighbors or being stung by their neighbors and otherwise engaging in bio chemical warfare.
probably just being a worry wort.
:)
Chris
ps It also looks like it's a fairly new addition to your tank. I'm not sure but it may be a bit bleached. I'd try giving it lots of small meals until it's color starts to darken up a bit. It looks like it's a lovely color and should make a wonderfull decades long addition to your tank with the proper care.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store