Pictus cats & ICH... HELP?! :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FooF

Daveedka & Harlock are my heroes!
Feb 13, 2005
Michigan
www.illusioncamp.com
okay, i keep alot of different catfish and botias and eels in my tank... i just noticed, after about a month from the introduction of our most recent fish, that we have ich... this is about the 3rd time, and every time i have no choice but to treat with the conventional med's that are sold at pet stores. now i know im not supposed to use any of these with pictus cats especially, but what else can i use? anyone ever been able to cure ich on pictus cats?

right now, i have removed all the meds from the water after a 24 hour treatment. i did about a 75% water change, and as always, my pictus cats are still acting strange and their wiskers seem to be dying.

i also set up a small tank and put my 9 botias and one tiretrack eel (who all seem to have at least one ich spot on them) and bombed them with a mixture of ich and fungus treatment that seems to be working, but i still fear for their health.

one pictus cat still in general population still shows a couple spots, even after last nights medication and water change... is there ANYTHING i can do/use to save my fish :(

every time this sutff gets my fish, i end up with the same thing: everything dies but the tinfoil barbs, gouramis and angel fish... and of course the more sturdy of the catfish (pleco, banjos, raph's and whiptails).

please help :(

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
FooF,
I hit the other thread, there is some info there, and especially in the ich article in the articles section. Feel free to Pm me with any questions after you read the article. Also, The only treatment I've ever had success with is salt and heat. Pictus really don't like meds. This doesn't mean meds are bad or that they would never work, but I have never been successful with them.

As far as your other fish scratching, ich tendds to attack the gills first and foremost and that is probably the reason for the scratching. treat the whole tank for the proper length of time, and your problems should go away permanently.
Dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store