Pl*co's and Albino Channel Cats

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jagarundi

Bonafide, 100% Cichlid Lover!!
Oct 6, 2004
Question: I have two Pl*co's and three Channel cats together in one of my tanks. The Pl*cos are about 3-4 inches now and the Channel cats are about 2 Inches and VERY skittish! My question is, are they getting enough to eat? I have some GREEDY Cichlids in with them and whenever I feed them, the other fish are gobbling up the food before the cats get a chance to get some! :mad: I usually feed the Pl*cos at night when the lights are out so I'm not worried about them. It's the Channel cats that I'm concerned about because they aren't big enough to fend off the bigger fish in the tank at feeding time. Any suggestions?

WhtsThFrequency

AC Members
Feb 11, 2005
Channel cats get to be about two feet long...I think that's a bigger problem first.

jagarundi

Oct 6, 2004
The GT's are around 3.5 inches long at this point.

DHR

AC Members
Feb 25, 2004
New York
Visit site
I saw one clever approach: Get a length of rigid tubing, put one end down near where the catfish are, and drop the pellets down the tube. Worked pretty well.

jagarundi

Oct 6, 2004
DHR said:
I saw one clever approach: Get a length of rigid tubing, put one end down near where the catfish are, and drop the pellets down the tube. Worked pretty well.

Pure GENIOUS, I tell ya!! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store