skunk (arcuatus) cory care tips.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
hi,

i'm planning to get 5- 6 of them,
are they harder to care for than other cories?
or do trhey require the same care?
how about breeding them?
any tips? thanks.

Karnaaj

AC Members
Jan 7, 2005
Cincinnati, Oh
They tend to be pretty hardy. More so than pandas but less so than paleatus or aneaus. They have no special requirements as to care. Checkout planetcatfish for breeding info.

WhtsThFrequency

AC Members
Feb 11, 2005
I love my arcuatus (skunk haha) corys! Theyre so hard to find, though....I find them to be pickier eaters (still haven't found anything they really like) but quite hardy. Some people say they are very sensitive to water problems, but I've never found that to be wholly true...once, during a mini cycle, I realized the water was up to 2.0ppm ammonia and 2.0 ppm nitrite, and the corys only had their dorsal fins slightly down (thats what alerted me to the problem).

terror

AC Members
May 23, 1999
Manila, Philippines
WhtsThFrequency said:
I love my arcuatus (skunk haha) corys! Theyre so hard to find, though....I find them to be pickier eaters (still haven't found anything they really like) but quite hardy. Some people say they are very sensitive to water problems, but I've never found that to be wholly true...once, during a mini cycle, I realized the water was up to 2.0ppm ammonia and 2.0 ppm nitrite, and the corys only had their dorsal fins slightly down (thats what alerted me to the problem).
thanks! really excited to get mine :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store