snails out of water????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

butterflylove

fishie fishie fishie
Dec 17, 2004
maryland
can mystery/apple snails be out of the water??? and how long can they be out if they can. my adult sanils are too big to make it fully out of the water, but the babies climb up cords and get right around the lip of the tank, so i cant see them always. i usually just push the babies back under, but do i really need to??? sounds kind of dumb, i know, just a curious (SP?) question.
thanks for the replies!!!!
amber

Big Al

AC Members
Feb 6, 2005
I've had a couple snails and have had the same experience. Don't worry! They'll go back in the water when they need to. My fav snail, Mortimier, has stayed in the canopy for hours, Originally he/she (they're hermaphrodites?) was in a 3 gallon "Waterhome" and would even sit on the filter pads, had him for years with no problems. Also had 2 apple snails but they died within months, I learned that they don't mix well with big bottom feeders, such as my 7" pleco mine just beat them around the tank. Anyways, don't worry about them, they'll go back to water when they need to. Good Luck! Happy V-Day
~Biggy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store