55 gallon tank plans

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blee358

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
I'm going to clear out my 55 gallon tank and getting new fish soon. I was thinking of fish that max around 6". Right know I was thinking of:
1 severum
1 firemouth
1 redtailed shark
1 convict
1 jack dempsey
I know that the jack dempsey may dominate the other fish, but would this setup work? And if it does would it be possible to add more fish?

Anton Wernher

AC Members
Feb 24, 2002
NC
First of all Good choice going CA :p... Now thats said I do think your fish selection might cause some problems. As you have mentioned your JD might take control of the tank. The JD will probably get about 30-40 percent bigger than his tank mates, this coupled with his attitude might cause some problems. Personally I think you would have a much more interesting tank if you had a pair of JDs(very easy fish to breed) coupled with some larger fast Characins.

Sum-X

La Dee Da Dee Do
Sep 15, 2001
Newark, Ohio
www.designerscrypt.com
Real Name
Aaron
I completely agree... Jack Dempsys and Severums don't get along very well.....:( And then to add a Firemouth could start some serious fighting. Then again, maybe not? :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store