Blue Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
I want a blue tang, I have a 50g glass aquarium, and I think it is the best fish there is. I am aware that is will get too big, so after a year or two I will have to sell it, but I want one, and a year or two is heaps. my question is, would it be ok, and not to crual to thr fish???

Herndo

AC Members
Apr 2, 2004
Visit site
I've seen them really tiny at the LFS before, you may even be able to get more than 2 years before he gets too big. If you're willing to give it up when it gets too big thats a start but I wonder how you'll know when it is too big.

We have one here at work in our 75 and she never leaves the left 1/3 of the tank. I don't know where they get their info on how big of a tank is necessary but I'm sure they have a reason. I just know that ours here at work only uses about 35 gallons of our 75. She even waits for the food to come to here. Maybe she's just lazy.

If you're in good with your LFS they may offer some credit on the fish when it starts to get big and you can just trade him in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store