What Type of Anemone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
It looks like my red bubble tip anemone when I first got it. Some call them a rose anemone. Mine is about 10" across now!! Be careful how much you feed them ;)

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Umh, I respectfully disagree FL it looks like a Majano species to me. Most of these guys are considered pests and it will take over your tank if given the chance. There are a few species that aren't as prolific as the rest but, I would either keep a really close eye on it or just not take the risk in a reef tank. In a fowlr it wouldn't be as big a deal but, in most cases you can pretty much think orange astapsia because they will pretty much do the same thing. I do have a 10 gall that's has some of these guys cause I think that they are pretty and are VERY easy to take care of but, I wouldn't put them in my reef on a dare.
Hth
Chris

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
Yeah, I have them in my ten gallon sps reef tank and was under the impression that they are tulip anemone and dont sting.I havnt had a problem with them spreading that bad and they are so small that even if they did sting I wouldnt have a problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store